Ace Cash Express - DO NOT buy Ace Elite cards....

Feb 22
review #476721

I went into a one those Ace Cash Expresses on Thursday to cash my paycheck.It was a bad last minute decison I will never make again.

Well, I needed to get a gift card type thing for a friend, so I loaded $200 on one their Net Spend cards. When I called to activate it, they tell me there is a block on it and I have to wait 24 hours for it to be removed. So when I call back today, more than 24 hours later, I am told there was a block on the card because I was not eligible to be a Net Spend customer. Whatever that means!

I could barely understand the person I was talking to ... you could tell he was EXTREMELY deliberate in his English by the way he spoke slowly and his pronunciation and definitely reading scripts! So, i ask how do I get the $200 back tht I loaded on the card? He says they have to cancel the card and send me a refund check.

I asked how long that would take. 60 days. WTH?

How much you want to bet I NEVER see that money again?I will keep you posted!

a935ebf
Had an experience with Ace Cash Express?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
nonone

Feb 23 Atlanta, Georgia

Say bye, bye to that money. If you went with NetSpend, they have it. I keep getting random cards from prepaid card companies. They're just fake businesses wanting your money. Should have cashed your check at a bank or Walmart and sent it to a gift card. Least you will be talking to someone that's from the U.S. and not China reading from a script.
I hate companies that read from a script, and it's very noticeable when they do. Talk about "experts" right?
The great thing I do when talking to a company (any company for that matter) is ask them something I know isn't in their script. It's fun waiting for them to find that question.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ace Cash Express.
Filing a new complaint about
×