Ace Cash Express - DO NOT buy Ace Elite cards....

Issue not resolved

I went into a one those Ace Cash Expresses on Thursday to cash my paycheck.It was a bad last minute decison I will never make again.

Well, I needed to get a gift card type thing for a friend, so I loaded $200 on one their Net Spend cards. When I called to activate it, they tell me there is a block on it and I have to wait 24 hours for it to be removed. So when I call back today, more than 24 hours later, I am told there was a block on the card because I was not eligible to be a Net Spend customer. Whatever that means!

I could barely understand the person I was talking to ... you could tell he was EXTREMELY deliberate in his English by the way he spoke slowly and his pronunciation and definitely reading scripts! So, i ask how do I get the $200 back tht I loaded on the card? He says they have to cancel the card and send me a refund check.

I asked how long that would take. 60 days. WTH?

How much you want to bet I NEVER see that money again?I will keep you posted!

d69bc0c review #476721
0 Helpful? 2
Had the same issue0 Comments2 Report
Had an experience with Ace Cash Express?  Submit review about this company
nonone

Feb 23 Atlanta, Georgia

Say bye, bye to that money. If you went with NetSpend, they have it. I keep getting random cards from prepaid card companies. They're just fake businesses wanting your money. Should have cashed your check at a bank or Walmart and sent it to a gift card. Least you will be talking to someone that's from the U.S. and not China reading from a script.
I hate companies that read from a script, and it's very noticeable when they do. Talk about "experts" right?
The great thing I do when talking to a company (any company for that matter) is ask them something I know isn't in their script. It's fun waiting for them to find that question.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.